Important information from the university about the Ferguson grand jury announcement. Learn more

Historical Campus Tour

Danforth Campus

John M. Olin School of Business

When the business school was founded in 1917, it was known as the School of Commerce and Finance. In 1925, the name was changed to the School of Business and Public Administration. First housed in Duncker Hall, originally known as Charles H. Duncker, Jr. Hall of Commerce and Finance, it later moved to the former Prince Hall. In 1986, the School moved into its present home in Simon Hall, and in 1988 the School was renamed the John M. Olin School of Business after the John M. Olin Foundation pledged $15 million in matching grant funding.