Historical Campus Tour

Danforth Campus

Dula Foundation Central Courtyard

Dula Courtyard
Photo by David Kilper, WUSTL Photo Services

The Dula Foundation Central Courtyard is located in the middle of the Art School buildings. The courtyard was designed by Fumihiko Maki, who is also the architect of Steinberg Hall and the Mildred Lane Kemper Art Museum.

The Caleb C. and Julia W. Dula Educational and Charitable foundation was established in 1939 by Julia Dula. Caleb C. Dula was president and chairman of the board of directors for the Liggett & Myers Tabacco Company. The Dula Foundation has supported a number of organizations during its existance, including the St. Louis Children's Hospital and the St. Louis Zoo.

Leading Together: the Campaign for Washington University